The City has a Web 2.0 Policy which includes posts, comments, and blogs. Below are the specific items about posts and comments that are not acceptable, and will be deleted. You may read the Policy here.
City Web 2.0 site articles and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed:
- Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being commented upon;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of membership in a protected class;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Candidate sites or sites advocating a position on City or other ballot issues.
- Corporate commercial sites. However, non-profit organizations with information on the City's Web site may include links to member or sponsor organizations.
- Individual personal home pagesg containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed.
Any content that is related to City business, including subscribers lists, posts, and comments, is a public record.